Thursday, September 6, 2012

Before the blah blah blah

At first they thought it was cute. "Awe, she likes to play in the kitchen." "She's going to be a BIG helper one day, Mom." Only years later, is it obvious that it wasn't just a phase.

The kitchen has always been a refuge. If I didn't have a new book to read, or a favorite close enough to re-read, I would cook. Not just pancakes on Saturdays, or pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, but real, three course meals would I make just to see the happiness on my family and friends' faces. I have had dreams about the kitchen in my future home. I would have every appliance, every cookbook, every ingredient needed for that last minute dish. Hopefully, one day, I can have something like that.

Sometimes, I would plan my own restaurant or bakery. I would come up with prices, experiment with recipes, and write business plans. Pretty extreme dreams for a kid, right? For now, that is still a dream. "My Place" would be called the Four C's: Chocolate, Coffee, Cookies, and Cakes.

The Four C's is coming to you, not in a building, but online. Through this blog, I will share my secret experiments, the ones that succeeded, and the ones that failed. For those who count every calorie, I will be giving helpful hints and tricks to "afford" those extra calories and still stay on track. Along the way, I will give party planning ideas for birthdays, holidays, weddings, showers, graduations, and those last minute "get-togethers". Being that I am a college student, I will have plenty to say about staying in budget and making plenty of on-the-go snacks.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them for me!



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can inspire me (or better yet, Ariel). All four of those C's sound good to me! And so does "affording" calories! Let's see what you can come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JeaneneC! Doesn't your mouth just water at the sound of chocolate? I just finished some chocolate frozen yogurt, and it sure made my taste buds tingle.

    ReplyDelete